From everyone at K.S.K.A, we would like to wish each of our students a Happy and healthy New Year! We hope that you’ve had a wonderful holiday season with friends and family.
Classes will resume on the 8th of January. Get yourself down and start the new year right!
Set your goals high, train hard, then smash those goals out of the park and hit repeat!
The past year has been amazing because of all of you. The next year is full of possibility, but before we look to the future let’s reflect on the past year.
- The launch of our new website (www.kicksportkarate.wordpress.com) and social media accounts
- Rory Webb becoming Lead Instructor and earning his Godan (5th Dan Black Belt)!
- The return of the Brown Stripe and Black Belt Courses
- Black belt Grading in November seeing 6 students progress to black belts, 3 to their 2nd Dan and …
- Edward Akers Smith earning his Sandan (3rd Dan Black Belt)!
- Four Kyu gradings -resulting in over 200 New Belt Ranks!
Here’s a little to look forward to in 2018:
- Club Sparring Tournament
- NEW Summer Camp
- Black Belt Grading
- NEW Student of the Month (SOTM) and Student of the Year (SOTY) Awards
- … and so much more!!
As we embark on a new year, it’s the perfect time for a fresh start. We are closing the door to the past and opening the door for new possibilities.
This month we will be focusing on GOALS. We’ll be speaking with our students about their training goals for 2017 so we can create a game plan to help them reach your full potential as a Martial Artist, while also working towards achieving goals for focus, stress-relief, behaviour, fitness, and self-confidence. Take a moment to write down some goals that you have for yourself or speak with your child about short and long-term goals that they would like to work towards.
Speaking of goals, our first Belt Tests of 2018 are coming up at the beginning of next month!
It’s time to shake off the holiday haze and get back to training like champions! We look forward to what the New Year has in store for us… And more importantly, what WE have in store for the New Year!
Together let’s make 2018 the best year yet!!
See you in the Dojo.